Established in 1971, we are a lawn-green bowls club and part of the excellent facilities at Solihull Sports and Social Club, based in Brick Kiln Lane (off Widney Lane), just before Solihull Indoor Bowls Club. As well as the opportunity for casual bowling on "one of the best greens in the County", we offer a friendly welcome and a variety of competitive and social bowling. If you are new to the game, we have qualified coaches to help you get started, and our members will offer support and guidance on your journey.
- Thursday morning social roll-ups - come along and join in from 10.30
- A number of club gala days and social events during the season
- Friendly fixtures against other clubs most weekends
- Two men's teams in the Birmingham area (BBA) leagues, a Ladies team in the Birmingham & District (BDWBA) league, plus teams in the Evergreens and Ivy leagues
- Various club competitions, culminating in Club Finals day in early September
- Opportunities to enter the Birmingham area, Warwickshire county and Bowls England competitions
- Matches against touring teams - we played Sunderland & District in 2016, Plymouth & District in 2017; and a match against the Warwickshire Ladies' President's team
- In 2019 we were honoured to be able to host Warwickshire WCBA's match against Nottinghamshire.
- In 2021 we will welcome Warwickshire Ladies' President's team together with the Warwickshire Men for a celebration match for our 50 year anniversary
We're always looking for new bowlers, new or experienced, so if you would like to see what bowls is all about, or fancy a change of scene and bowl on what people keep saying is one of the best greens in the Birmingham area, then contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @solihullbowls and leave a message there, and we're now on Facebook (Solihull Bowls).