Solihull Municipal Bowls Club
Established in 1971, we are a lawn-green bowls club and part of the excellent facilities at Solihull Sports and Social Club, based in Brick Kiln Lane (off Widney Lane), just before Solihull Indoor Bowls Club. As well as the opportunity for casual bowling on "one of the best greens in the County", we offer a friendly welcome and a variety of competitive and social bowling.
- Internal club league on Wednesday afternoons
- Thursday morning social roll-ups - come along and join in from 10.30
- A number of club gala days and social events during the season
- Friendly fixtures against other clubs most weekends
- Three men's teams in the Birmingham area (BBA) leagues, a Ladies team in the Birmingham & District (BDWBA) league, plus teams in the Evergreens and Ivy leagues
- Various club competitions, culminating in Club Finals day in early September
- Opportunities to enter the Birmingham area, Warwickshire county and Bowls England competitions
- Matches against touring teams - we played Sunderland & District in 2016, Plymouth & District in 2017, and will welcome Cowbridge Bowls Club from Wales in 2020; and a match against the Warwickshire Ladies' President's team
- In 2019 we were honoured to be able to host Warwickshire WCBA's match against Nottinghamshire, and in 2020 we will host the Warwickshire men's match against Berkshire
We're always looking for new bowlers, new or experienced, so if you would like to see what bowls is all about, or fancy a change of scene and bowl on what people keep saying is one of the best greens in the Birmingham area, then contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @solihullbowls and leave a message there, and we're now on Facebook (Solihull Bowls).